Best-friend Couple; Go Kyung-pyo & Kim Seul-gi



I am officially a fan of them (individually and as couple). They can be considered as rookie actor and actress, since they generally doing supporting roles in various dramas & movies. It doesn’t matter, they already got my attention! Go Kyung-pyo caught my eyes right away by his sweet role in CSTV’s Operation Proposal, so I pinned my eyes on him ever since. I found him again, when he acted again in tvN’s Flower Boy Next Door (yet another supporting role), then I found his adorable scenes with Kim Seul-gi. They are real-life best friends, because they’ve worked together in tvN’s SNL Korea for several seasons. They’re comics! Yups, SNL Korea is a comedy variety show (no wonder, they made me laugh a lot in the drama). Well, they are friends not lovers, tough I hope the other way, hehehe. So, let’s be friends with them!

I posted some of their pictures together! Such heart-warming friendship!

OK, this pictorial for Vouge is absurb, hahaha, so let’s move to other photos...
Cute friends for CJ One Box Interview (October 31, 2012)
Flower Boy Next Door BTS from the bar scene, Peace!
Flower Boy Next Door’s casts are taking break 
Seulgi took selca with Kim Ji-hoon
There it is behind: Kyungpyo photobombing, ha!
Recording Flower Boy Next Door OST Special
Lots of love signs and uh-oh someone got their signatures...
Pictorial for Sure (March 2013 issue)
Sit next to each other at Scary Story 2 Press Conference (May 6, 2013)
Attending Decente Trailrace at Cheong-gye San (May 25, 2013) 
They're so bright together in yellow!

*___*

Enough, those pictures can be my daily dose for a week (I love starring at lovely pictures). Now it’s time for personal introductions. I’ll also share some of their works, but I won’t write down all of their notable works, because this post would be too long (and keep growing longer since now they’re even more active in the showbiz). I will only post some of their projects together.

Go Kyung-pyo (고경표)
Birth: June 11, 1990
Physique: 184cm, 70kg

Kim Seul-gi (김슬기)
Birth: Busan, October 10, 1991

*___*
The Best Friend Projects
tvN’s SNL Korea (SNL 코리
(comedy variety show, airs every Saturday, 11 pm KST)
SNL Korea is a late-night live sketch comedy and variety program broadcast in cable channel tvN. It is adapted from American TV show NBC’s Saturday Night Live. Kyungpyo and Seulgi are members of original casts when the show started airing (December 2011). Kyungpyo and Seulgi joined the show for season 1-3. Kyungpyo exited the program from season 4, but Seulgi still featured in this season for episode 1-24. One of their famous character for SNL Korea is BBC’s Teletubbies parody: Yeouido Teletubbies (여의도 텔레토비).
Kyungpyo as Kuratori(구라돌이) parodying Tinky Winky
Seulgi as Tto() parodying Po
Nerd comics for another sketch comedy
I’m impressed by Seulgi’s skill to memorize those long-lines
 
tvN’s Flower Boy Next Door(이웃집 꽃미남
(rom-com drama series, aired every Monday & Tuesday 11 pm KST, from January 7 to February 26, 2013)
The drama is about a girl whose agoraphobic living in apartment, with some flower boys next her doors. One of the boys is Yoo Dong-hoon (Kyungpyo), a poor webtoon artist, struggling to live his dream as webtoonist while working various odd jobs to support himself and his family life (hmm, a good son). Seulgi plays as a hard-working salary woman. She’s the foul-mouthed webtoon editor (well, she yelled & scolded a lot in the drama, hahaha) with extreme panda-eyes as the result of her dedication to work her way-up. It’s just adorable when she try to tone down her voice as effort to gain his affections.
Webtoon artist/editor love-line
Debt couple’s happy ending!
They are known as “debt couple” because their love blossoms when he gets in a car accident and asks her to co-sign a loan for him. Consequencely, he has to meet her more often to payback her money apart his job as webtoon artist under her editing, well, then you know what’s falling on them after, r.o.m.a.n.c.e.

tvN’s Flower Boy Next Door OST Special 
(digital single, released date: 2013.02.26)
This song expresses the lovely-feelings from respective love-lines in the drama: Yoon Si-yoon & Park Shin-hye (the main-romance) and of course Go Kyung-pyo & Kim Seul-gi (the hilariously adorable side-romance). Seulgi sings the song cutely and Kyung-pyo contributes a verse with his masculine vocal. It’s an adorable collaboration.
____________________________________________________________________
I Wake Up Because of You - 너 땜에 잠이 깨(neo ttaeme jami kkae)
Kim Seul-gi feat. Go Kyung-pyo
____________________________________________________________________
Hangeul & Romanization Lyrics
살짝 말해볼게 나의 마음 수줍은 아이가 된 느낌
saljjak malhaebolge naui maeum sujubeun aiga doen neukkim
살짝 고백할게 장난처럼 언제나 널 사랑해
saljjak gobaekhalge jangnancheoreom eonjena neol saranghae

눈뜸 너만 생각나고 아니 너 땜에 자꾸 깨
nuntteum neoman saenggangnago ani neo ttaeme jakku kkae
난 완전히 빠졌나 봐 너의 미소만 하루 종일 보여
nan wanjeonhi ppajyeonna bwa neoui misoman haru jongil boyeo

한심할 만큼 뭘 못하고 밥도 넘어가질 않아
hansimhal mankeum mwol motago bapdo neomeogajil anha
난 그래서 용기를 내 다가가 내 마음을 말하려 해
nan geuraeseo yonggireul nae dagaga nae maeumeul malharyeo hae

오 살짝 보여줄게 나의 마음 수줍은 아이가 된 느낌
o saljjak boyeojulge naui maeum sujubeun aiga doen neukkim
살짝 고백할게 장난처럼 영원히 널 사랑해
saljjak gobaekhalge jangnancheoreom yeongwonhi neol saranghae

눈뜸 너만 생각나고 자꾸 너 땜에 잠이 깨
nuntteum neoman saenggangnago jakku neo ttaeme jami kkae
난 그래서 용기를 내 다가가 내 사랑을 말하려 해
nan geuraeseo yonggireul nae dagaga nae sarangeul malharyeo hae

살짝 말해볼게 나의 마음 수줍은 아이가 된 느낌
saljjak malhaebolge naui maeum sujubeun aiga doen neukkim
살짝 고백할게 장난처럼 언제나 널 사랑해
saljjak gobaekhalge jangnancheoreom eonjena neol saranghae

느끼고 있었어 너의 마음 먼저 말 못해서 미안해
neukkigo isseosseo neoui maeum meonjeo mal motaeseo mianhae
그럼 시작할까 우리 사랑 꽃잎처럼 피어 오르게
geureom sijakhalkka uri sarang kkochipcheoreom pieo oreuge

꿈결 같은 하루 이 순간 영원히 잊지 못할 오늘
kkumgyeol gateun haru i sungan yeongwonhi itji motal oneul
항상 간직하고 사랑할게 지금 이 마음
hangsang ganjikhago saranghalge jigeum i maeum

라라라~
rarara~

영원히 널 사랑해
yeongwonhi neol saranghae
____________________________________________________________________
English Translation
* I’ll slightly tell you my heart, I feel like a shy kid
I’ll slightly confess to you as if it’s a joke, I’ll always love you

When I open my eyes, I only think of you – no, I keep waking up because of you
I think I’ve completely fallen for you, I see your smile all day

I can’t do anything to the point where it’s pathetic, I can’t even eat
So I will gather up courage and go to you to tell you how I feel

Oh I’ll slightly show you my heart, I feel like a shy kid
I’ll slightly confess to you as if it’s a joke, I’ll love you forever

When I open my eyes, I only think of you, I keep waking up because of you
So I will gather up courage and go to you to tell you my love

* Repeat

I felt your heart, I’m sorry I couldn’t say it to you first
Then shall we start our love? Like flowers blooming?

This day feels like a dream, I won’t ever forget this moment today
I’ll always cherish you and love you with this heart

Lalala~

I’ll love you forever
____________________________________________________________________
You can read more lyrics here
Ah, I almost forget it. You can also check out the MV.


Scary Story 2 or Horror Story 2 (무서운 이야기2) 
(movie, released in June 2013)
This movie brought 34th Blue Dragon Award’s newcomer actor nominee for Kyungpyo (happy for you, tough the award goes to Yeo Jin-goo for his acting in Hwa-yi, sure thing!).
This horror-omnibus-movie contains four stories. Seulgi is featured in third story tittled The Pain of Death (Hangeul: 사고; RR: Sa-go; lit. "Accident") as Yoon Mi-ra. The story is about a group of friends (including Baek Jin-hee) who take a trip to the mountains. They get into a car accident in the middle of nowhere and their car breaks down. This is just a beginning of their trip into a “nightmare”. Despite their injuries, they walk toward a dim light coming from a mountain, there maybe they find something or be found by something, hohoho.
The fourth story tittled Escape (Hangeul: 탈출; RR: Tal-chool), Kyungpyo plays as Go Byeong-shin, a high school teacher-trainee who gets ridiculed by his students on his first day and meets a strange student (Kim Ji-won) who practices black magic. He then imitates one of her spells, gets locked in the doorway of hell as result so she has to rescue him (dude, it’s blackish and magical, don’t you get it!). The plots and bunch of famous rookie artists featured successfully make this movie worth to watch, but still I’m not a fan of horror movie, hahaha. 

*___*

I really hope they can work together again in one project anytime soon. Individually, Kyungpyo and Seulgi are busy with some other projects too. Kyungpyo is featured in more movies this year, his movie Youth Talk has released last month and Seulgi taking part in SNS-drama Infinite Power which is broadcasted via Samsung Official Youtube Channel. I wish for you both successes!!!

Salam lestari, Tien :)

Credits & sources:
girlfriday [dramabeans.com]
johnelle [seoulbeats.com]
News/sharing portals [osen, asiae, newsen, tvreport, etc.]
[cjone.com] [koreandrama.org] [hancinema.net]
[beautifulsonglyrics.blogspot.com] [wikipedia.com] [youtube.com]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Afgan - Wajahmu Mengalihkan Duniaku [Lyrics with English Translation]

Sirkulasi Darah pada Janin Manusia (Human Fetal Blood Circulation)

Afgan - Bukan Cinta Biasa [Lyrics with English Translation]